Job Posting: Personal Support Worker
About SPRINT Senior Care:
We began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization. We supply services regardless of ability, race, religion, ethnic origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and are committed to LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) inclusiveness.
Bargaining Unit Position; Part Time, Contract
Weekend/Weekday Day/Evening Shifts
Pine Villa/Supportive Housing/Ewart Angus
Various locations within the North Toronto Area
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist clients in all activities of daily living, encouraging and involving them to do as much as possible for themselves.
- Provide assistance with eating, mobility, lifts/transferring/ positioning/turning, toileting, bladder and bowel routines, exercising and essential communication.
- Follow requirements with regard to undertaking controlled acts.
- Provide personal hygiene services including washing/bathing/ showering/bed bath, dressing and undressing, assistance with grooming, mouth care, hair care, preventative skin care, and routine hand/foot care.
- Housekeeping including laundry, cleaning bathroom and kitchen, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, etc.
- Provide bedside care and monitoring.
- Medication monitoring and assistance – follow medication procedures to assist clients with medications.
- Create opportunities and participate with staff and clients in appropriate leisure/recreational activities as per client’s choice, functional skills and emotional needs.
- Maintain accurate and timely reporting and documentation.
- Escort client to locations outside of residence as required.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of client care plans.
- Perform tasks and duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Manager
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate/Diploma, or equivalent, and meets provincial requirements.
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the role, including ability to assist clients with lifts/transfers, standing, walking, sitting and repositioning.
- Must maintain a positive attitude, and the ability to prioritize client needs.
- Experience working with clients with cognitive impairment and/or dementia, and experience working with and appropriately responding to clients who exhibit high intensity responsive behaviours.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with clients, families and co-workers.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- First Aid/CPR is an asset.
Our Caring Workplace:
Imagine finding purpose every day by caring for seniors and supporting their caregivers. Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, and a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
Staff are SPRINT Senior Care’s most important resource. Thus, SPRINT Senior Care is committed to providing opportunities to learn through comprehensive internal training and a tuition reimbursement program. SPRINT Senior Care also ensures that its staff are provided with the necessary training, information, and protective equipment so that they can work safely.
$18.04 – $20.44/hour: Direct Client Care
Please email your applications quoting “Personal Support Worker” in your subject title to email@example.com, fax your application to: 416-481-9829, or drop off your application to 140 Merton Street, 2nd Floor Toronto, ON M4S 1A1.
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in our application or hiring processes, please contact Human Resources at 416-481-0669 ext. 1207 or firstname.lastname@example.org