Casual Meals on Wheels Assistant (On Call)
About SPRINT Senior Care:
SPRINT Senior Care began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
Bargaining Unit Position; Relief, Permanent
- Set-up and preparation of Meals on Wheels office for daily tasks
- Assist in meal packing.
- Greet volunteers and provide any special instructions.
- Collect volunteer notes and liaising with Coordinator for follow-up.
- Preparation of meal labels and route sheets in (CIMS) database for a 7-day / week hot meal program.
- Tracking and placing hot meal orders.
- Assist in maintenance of client and volunteer information in database (CIMS).
- Follow cleaning procedures and set up for next day.
- Communicate information to the MOW Coordinator/Supervisor as required.
- Make changes/cancellations to Food Service order forms.
- General office maintenance.
- Assist with client intake data collection.
- Vacation relief
- Meal delivery as required.
- Assist in implementation of program evaluation, quality and risk management activities of the program and agency.
- Attend monthly team meetings.
- Represents SPRINT positively and professionally in the community.
- Account to the Community Programs Supervisor, participating in regular supervision and performance review.
- Participate positively and productively as a member of the Meals on Wheels department.
- Adhere to the philosophy, policies and procedures of SPRINT.
- Represent SPRINT positively and professionally in the community.
- Engage in professional development.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Valid G Driver’s license with clean driving record and proof of personal insurance.
- Access to an automobile.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications including Windows applications.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Food Handler Certificate an asset.
Quality, Health & Safety/Risk Management:
In order to reduce risk to clients, employees, volunteers and the agency, SPRINT expects that all employees and volunteers will work within the mandate of their job description and abide by the policies and procedures of the agency. Each employee is responsible for his/her own safety as well as that of fellow employees.
SPRINT expects every employee to work and participate in quality improvement efforts. This is an organizational philosophy that seeks to meet clients’ needs and exceed their expectations by using a structured process that selectively identifies and improves all aspects of service.
Our Caring Workplace:
Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high-quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including
SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees, and comprehensive training and tuition reimbursement programs.
$20.19 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Class G Licence (required)