Job Posting: Program Activationist
About SPRINT Senior Care
We began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
Adult Day Program, Ewart Angus SPRINT Homes
The Program Activationist is responsible for addressing client needs through the implementation of program activities and providing aid to clients while following safely following the proper protocols and procedures in place. This role involves interacting with clients and performing administrative tasks such as keeping track of all client paperwork. As such, you are required to maintain a professional and positive demeanor when engaging with clients alongside some computer usage for documentation purposes.
- Plan and implement creative and innovative program activities that meet client
needs and are reflective of client choice and strengths.
- Assess and actively encourage client engagement and socialization during
- Evaluate and improve effectiveness of program activities.
- Assist clients in activities of daily living including personal care (toileting), serving
meals, and assistance with feeding as required.
- Safely assist clients who use wheelchairs or who need assistance with transfers by
following proper body mechanics and safe transfer techniques.
- Escort clients in SPRINT Senior Care vehicles to and from the program site.
- Follow safe procedures and help provide a safe, clean environment for clients, self and other staff including following Infection Prevention and Control and Cleaning and Disinfecting procedures.
- Maintain all records/documentation requirements
- Participate in agency training
- Other tasks as assigned
- A degree or diploma in Recreation or Activation is required
- Experience working both in a group setting and on a one-to–one with seniors with physical and/or cognitive challenges. Excellent knowledge of dementia and ability to provide a person-centered and gentle persuasive approach to care.
- Significant experience in leading group activities and in working with
older adults with cognitive impairment and/or physical disabilities.
- Prepared to assist in transferring a client from one location to another
and provide total assistance with toileting.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, flexibility and to work as part of a
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate an asset
- Demonstrates computer skills at a basic level for the use of the Internet and the following Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel and Outlook.
- Food Handler’s Certificate an asset.
Our Caring Workplace
Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high-quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, health and dental plan, pension, employee recognition and events, and learning opportunities including tuition reimbursement.
How To Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Program Activationist” in your subject title to email@example.com
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process