Client Bill of Rights
SPRINT Senior Care shall ensure that the following rights of persons receiving community services from SPRINT Senior Care, and their family, are fully respected and promoted:
- The right to be treated by SPRINT Senior Care in a courteous and respectful manner and to be free from physical, sexual, mental, emotional, verbal and financial abuse by SPRINT Senior Care.
- The right to be treated by SPRINT Senior Care in a manner that respects the person’s dignity and privacy and that promotes the person’s autonomy and participation in decision-making.
- The right to be treated by SPRINT Senior Care in a manner that recognizes the person’s individuality and that is sensitive to and responds to the person’s needs and preferences, including preferences based on ethnic, spiritual, linguistic, familial and cultural factors, sexual orientation, and gender identity and expression.
- The right to receive services free from discrimination on any ground of discrimination prohibited by the Human Rights Code or the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- A person who is First Nations, Métis or Inuk has the right to receive services in a culturally safe manner.
- The right to clear and accessible information about the community services provided to them, and to be told who will be providing the community services.
- The right to participate in SPRINT Senior Care’s assessment of their needs, development of their plan of service, SPRINT Senior Care’s reassessment of their needs and revision of their plan of service.
- The right to designate a person to be present with them during assessments, and to participate in the development, evaluation, and revision of their plan of service.
- If a person is receiving more than one service, they have the right to receive assistance in coordinating their services from SPRINT Senior Care or Ontario Health Team.
- The right to give or refuse consent to the provision of any SPRINT Senior Care service.
- The right to raise concerns or recommend changes in connection with the SPRINT Senior Care service provided to them and in connection with policies and decisions that affect their interests, to SPRINT Senior Care, government officials or any other person, without fear of interference, coercion, discrimination or reprisal.
- The right to be informed of the laws, rules and policies affecting the operation of SPRINT Senior Care, including this Client Bill of Rights, and to be informed in writing of the procedures for initiating complaints about SPRINT Senior Care, including a complaint concerning a staff violation of our Client Bill of Rights, or failure to respect our Client Bill of Rights.
- The right to have their records kept confidential in accordance with the law.