Transitional Care Supervisor
About SPRINT Senior Care:
We began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization. We supply services regardless of ability, race, colour, ethnic origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity and gender expression, and are committed to 2SLGBTQ+ inclusiveness.
The Transitional Care team via a collaborative partnership with Sunnybrook Hospital supports the transition of patients from hospital to community or other appropriate place of care. This community-based model of care enables clients to receive clinical support and/or regain strength and independence outside of hospital. The goal is to help clients and their caregivers make informed and sustainable decisions about their future care needs and living arrangements.
- The Transitional Care Supervisor, supervises coordination of case management services and both direct and indirect services to support the physical, cognitive, and mental health needs of older adults and seniors.
- Coordinate health services and social support interventions for clients, families and caregivers.
- Develop realistic and innovative transitional plans for reintegration back to the community, LTC or alternative right place of care.
- Work with the client and other professionals to improve the client’s ability to complete the activities of daily living at home and/or another community setting.
- Enhance confidence in the client’s ability to return home safely to and thrive in the community.
- Connect with current and new community services based on needs.
- Support the Transitional Care Manager, to identify appropriate/eligible clients who need support and assistance in transitioning home or to other appropriate places of care.
- Provide support to hospital staff in completing the necessary referral forms, where applicable.
- Provide information about this transitional supportive housing to clients and caregivers.
- Oversee the successful completion of all client assessments, reassessments, and care plans, including Ministry requirements for interRAI-CHA Assessments.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Provide back up and coverage to the Manager of Transitional Care.
- Assist and support the manager in completing all required client care statistical tracking.
- Assist and support the manager in overseeing the planning, coordination and facilitation of caregiver support through the provision of self-help, therapeutic, problem-solving, and educational group programs.
- Maintain excellent collaborative relationships with referral sources and resources.
- BSW, or other related professional designation.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in gerontology and/or community setting.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish good rapport with staff, clients, families, and referral sources in a multi-cultural setting.
- Excellent understanding of the aging process, dementia and the specific needs of the elderly, disabled and caregivers.
- Experience working with individual caregivers.
- Sensitive to the cultural needs of clients from various ethnic groups.
- Committed to SPRINT Senior Care’s philosophy of care, with the ability and empathy to work with people with dementia, and mental health and addictions.
- Experience in community capacity building, health promotion, adult education, or social group work.
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, conceptual, strategic, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally with stakeholders and partnering agencies.
- Demonstrates computer skills at an intermediate or higher level for the use of the Internet and the following Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrates an intermediate level for database concepts and structures.
Our Caring Workplace:
Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high-quality services to seniors in our service area. SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees, and comprehensive training and tuition reimbursement programs.
How to Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Transitional Care Supervisor” in your subject title to email@example.com.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.