Job Posting: Relief Recreation Aide (Activationist)
September 12, 2023
About SPRINT Senior Care:
SPRINT Senior Care began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
We supply services regardless of ability, race, colour, ethnic origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity and gender expression, and are committed to 2SLGBTQ+ inclusiveness.
committed to 2SLGBTQ+ inclusiveness.
Bargaining Unit Position; Relief, Permanent
Managers and Supervisors of respective departments.
The Program Activationist is responsible for addressing client needs through the implementation of program activities and providing aid to clients while safely following the proper protocols and procedures in place. This role involves interacting with clients and performing administrative tasks such as keeping track of all client paperwork. As such, you are required to maintain a professional and positive demeanor when engaging with clients combined with some computer usage for documentation purposes.
- Plan and implement creative and innovative program activities that meet client needs and are reflective of client choice and strengths.
- Assess and actively encourage client engagement and socialization during programming.
- Evaluate and improve effectiveness of program activities.
- Assist clients in activities of daily living including personal care, serving meals and assistance with feeding as required.
- Safely assist clients who use wheelchairs or who need assistance with transfers by following proper body mechanics and safe transfer techniques.
- Escort clients in SPRINT Senior Care vehicles to and from the program site.
- Follow safe procedures and help provide a safe, clean environment for clients, self and other staff including following Infection Prevention and Control and Cleaning and Disinfecting procedures.
- Maintain all records/documentation requirements
- Participate in agency training
- Other tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Recreation and Leisure Studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Social Services, Kinesiology or a related field.
- Experience working both in a group setting and on a one-to –one with seniors with physical and/or cognitive challenges. Knowledge of dementia and skill in problem solving and providing a gentle persuasive approach to care
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, flexibility and to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate an asset
- Food Handler’s Certificate an asset.
- Must be able to work evenings within stated availability
Our Caring Workplace:
Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high-quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including
SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees, and comprehensive training and tuition reimbursement programs.
Wage: Start $21.09/Hr
Six Months: $21.74/Hr
One Year: $22.43/Hr
How to Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Relief Recreation Aide (Activationist)” in your subject title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.