Job Posting: Transportation Driver
May 1, 2023
About SPRINT Senior Care:
SPRINT Senior Care began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible.
Bargaining Unit Position: Part-time, Permanent, Casual
The Transportation Driver is responsible for driving clients to and from programs and other appointments, including the transportation of cognitively impaired seniors.
- Drive an agency vehicle to transport clients.
- Ensure that clients are safely in their seats with seat belts buckled.
- Escort clients door-to-door for appointments providing arm assistance as necessary; no lifting or transfers.
- Use phone provided to access schedules and maintain contact with the office.
- Undertake daily inspection of the vehicle and report deficiencies to the Transportation Supervisor or designate.
- Participate in driver training and evaluations as directed.
- Gasoline fill up and oil check as required.
- Provide clients with consistent high quality customer service.
- Other duties as required.
- Valid class “G” license
- 3 years of experience transporting clients.
- 10 yearsdriving experience in general.
- Clean Ministry of Transportation Driver’s Abstract required.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, good interpersonal skills, and exhibit flexibility.
- Must be able to problem solve and work independently.
- Experience working with seniors.
- Experience in interacting with people with a cognitive impairment preferable.
- The nature of the job requires the incumbent to be physically able to assist clients (arm support), fold walkers and wheelchairs and place in the vehicles, and assist with grocery shopping bags.
- Reliable and able to deal with city traffic in a relaxed but efficient manner.
Our Caring Workplace:
Imagine finding purpose every day by caring for seniors and supporting their caregivers. Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high-quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, health and dental plan, pension, employee recognition and events, and learning opportunities including tuition reimbursement.
17.00 $ per hour
How To Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Transportation Driver” in your subject title to email@example.com
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.