Job Posting: Team Lead – Mental Health
September 12, 2023
About SPRINT Senior Care
SPRINT Senior Care began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
What You’ll Do
The Team Lead will provide leadership, coordination of case management services and both direct and indirect services to support client transitions from hospital to community for seniors living with varying mental health, addictions, and complex health needs.
- Short term transitional support to seniors in hospital returning home or to an alternate setting and require post-hospital discharge mental health support.
- Short term intensive case management is provided to clients to ensure a safe and successful transition into the community.
- Working collaboratively with hospital partners and community providers to establish a coordinated service plan based on clients physical, mental health and cognitive needs.
- Act as the main linkage between the client(s) and the hospitals and will provide leadership and supervision for the delivery of services for clients.
- Build a support network of community resources used to link clients and increase their independence, dignity and self-respect in a secure community environment, thus allowing them to move on to live in the community with appropriate supports.
- Supervision of union staff including Social Workers
- Perform psychosocial assessments and develop a client service plan based on client goals and needs.
- Oversee the successful completion of all client assessments, reassessments, and care plans, including Ministry requirements for interRAI-CHA Assessments.
- MSW, or other related professional designation.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in mental health, gerontology and/or community setting.
- Demonstrated ability in supporting individuals who have complex mental health and/or addiction issues, geriatric issues, cognitive impairment, history of trauma, violence/abuse, chronic physical health issues, etc.
- Proven working knowledge of theories of addiction, evidence-based treatment models and best practice approaches.
- Demonstrated ability in providing therapeutic and supportive counseling.
- Strong de-escalation and crisis intervention skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish good rapport with staff, clients, families, and referral sources in a multi-cultural setting.
- Sensitive to the cultural needs of clients from various ethnic groups.
- Committed to SPRINT Senior Care’s philosophy of care, with the ability and empathy to work with people with dementia, and mental health and addictions.
- Self-directed, results oriented and capable of working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of program evaluation, risk management and quality improvement strategies.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally with stakeholders and partnering agencies.
- Demonstrates computer skills at an intermediate or higher level for the use of the Internet and the following Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel and Outlook. Demonstrates an intermediate level for database concepts and structures.
Our Caring Workplace:
Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high-quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, comprehensive benefits plan, pension plan, personal days, employee recognition and events, and learning opportunities including tuition reimbursement.
How to Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Team Lead – Mental Health” in your subject title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.