Job Posting: Supervisor, In Home Services (RPN)
SPRINT Senior Care began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
The Supervisor, In-Home Services is responsible for making home visits to complete assessments and reassessments, and to develop care plans and goal plans for department clients. Responsibilities also include ensuring compliance with Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central standards and contractual service provision. The Supervisor works closely with the In-Home Services staff, Social Workers, Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central and VHA staff, clients and/or caregivers and SPRINT Senior Care staff to ensure quality service provision.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality and risk management activities of the department and agency.
- Ensure compliance to Home and Community Care Support Services standards and contractual service provision according to Home and Community Care Support Services orders, care plans, contracts, etc.
- Review Home and Community Care Support Services referrals and notify schedulers and /or PSWs about special precautions or unusual circumstances.
- Responsibility for the coordination and implementation of client transfers from Home and Community Care Support Services to SPRINT Senior Care’s respite homemaking program.
- Conduct In-Home Services client assessments and reassessments using the interRAI-CHA and develop care plans.
- Assess and determine In-Home Services clients’ service level eligibility.
- Develop and implement an appropriate care plan and goal plan in partnership with the client.
- Ensure all client and staff data requirements and information is accurately entered and maintained in the client’s CIMS file and communicated to the staff team as appropriate.
- Prepare and submit all Home and Community Care Support Services and VHA reports as per required deadlines.
- Interpret SPRINT Senior Care services to In-Home Services clients and to the community.
- Liaise with social work, VHA, Home and Community Care Support Services, referral source staff, clients and/or caregivers as needed for overall case planning.
- Attend meetings and case conferences outside the agency that are related to the program activities where necessary.
- Complete PSW evaluations at assessment visits.
- Work with the Manager, In-Home Services to evaluate probationary PSWs.
- Participate in on-call rotation regularly and as required.
- Identify training needs and opportunities and work with the Manager to deliver the training for staff, students, and volunteers.
- Ensure the delivery of services in an effective, efficient and financially responsible manner.
- Participate as an active member of the Department, Leadership, Accreditation and the Inter-disciplinary Teams.
- Assist in implementation of evaluation activities of the program and agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- P.N or R.N. in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of two years of experience working in gerontology and/or community setting.
- Strong supervisory skills, with 2-4 years supervisory experience within a unionized setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to establish good rapport with staff, clients, families, and referral sources in a multi-cultural setting.
- Excellent understanding of the aging process, dementia and the specific needs of the elderly, disabled and caregivers.
- Sensitive to the cultural needs of clients from various ethnic groups.
- Self-directed, results oriented and capable of working independently as well as part of a team in a team leader capacity.
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, conceptual, strategic, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of program evaluation, risk management and quality improvement strategies.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally with stakeholders and partnering agencies.
- Demonstrates computer skills at an advanced level for the use of the Internet and the following Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Demonstrates an intermediate level for database concepts and structures. Exposure to CIMS (Client Information Management System) database is an asset.
- Demonstrates commitment to ongoing professional development.
Our Caring Workplace
Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high-quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, health and dental plan, pension, employee recognition and events, and learning opportunities including tuition reimbursement.
How To Apply
Please email your applications quoting “Supervisor, In Home Services (RPN)” in your subject title to email@example.com.
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.