Job Posting: Supervisor, In-Home Services (1-year contract)
Date: November 11, 2020
About SPRINT Senior Care
We began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization. We supply services regardless of ability, race, religion, ethnic origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and are committed to LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) inclusiveness.
Full time, Contract, 1 Year
Manager, In-Home Services
The Supervisor, In-Home Services is responsible for making home visits to complete assessments and reassessments, developing service plans and conducting safety checks for department clients. Responsibilities also include ensuring compliance with TC LHIN Home and Community Care standards and contractual service provision. The Supervisor works closely with the In-Home Services Manager, Staff, Social Workers, TC LHIN Home and Community Care and VHA staff, clients and/or caregivers and SPRINT Senior Care department staff to ensure quality service provision.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality and risk management activities of the department and agency.
- Ensure compliance to TC LHIN Home and Community Care standards and contractual service provision according to TC LHIN Home and Community Care policies and procedures
- Review TC LHIN Home and Community Care referrals and notify schedulers and /or PSWs about special precautions or unusual circumstances.
- Responsibility for the coordination and implementation of client transfers from TC LHIN Home and Community Care to SPRINT Senior Care’s Right Place of Care program.
- Conduct In-Home Services client assessments and reassessments using the interRAI-CHA, develop service plans for each client based on assessment results.
- Provide home safety assessment on each client to ensure each client is living in a safe environment and that the home is safe for staff member to enter.
- Review payroll including reconciling submitted time sheets, travel time, and prebilling checks.
- Assess and determine In-Home Services clients’ service level eligibility.
- Develop and implement an appropriate service plan in partnership with the client and/or caregiver.
- Ensure all client and staff data requirements and information is accurately entered and maintained in the client’s CIMS file and communicated to the staff team as appropriate.
- Liaise with social work, VHA, TC LHIN Home and Community Care, referral source staff, clients and/or caregivers as needed for overall case planning.
- Attend meetings and case conferences outside the agency that are related to the program activities where necessary.
- When the Homemaking program is operating, supervise the Homemaking Assistants and identify clients that require a home visit.
- Provide support when completing PSW evaluations at assessment visits.
- Work with the Manager, In-Home Services to develop a PSW mentorship program.
- Work with the Manager, In-Home Services to evaluate probationary PSWs.
- Participate in on-call rotation regularly and as required.
- Identify training needs and opportunities and work with the Manager to deliver the training for staff, students, and volunteers.
- Ensure the delivery of services in an effective, efficient and financially responsible manner.
- Participate as an active member of the Department, Leadership, Accreditation and the Inter-disciplinary Teams.
- Assist in implementation of evaluation activities of the program and agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Allied Health professional.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in gerontology and/or community setting.
- Strong supervisory skills, with 2-4 years supervisory experience within a unionized setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to establish good rapport with staff, clients, families, and referral sources in a multi-cultural setting.
- Knowledge in RAI-CHA assessments is an asset.
- Excellent understanding of the aging process, dementia and the specific needs of the elderly, disabled and caregivers.
- Sensitive to the cultural needs of clients from various ethnic groups.
- Self-directed, results oriented and capable of working independently as well as part of a team in a team leader capacity.
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, conceptual, strategic, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of program evaluation, risk management and quality improvement strategies.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally with stakeholders and partnering agencies.
- Demonstrates computer skills at an advanced level for the use of the Internet and the following Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Demonstrates an intermediate level for database concepts and structures. Exposure to CIMS (Client Information Management System) database is an asset.
- Demonstrates commitment to ongoing professional development
Our Caring Workplace
Imagine finding purpose every day by caring for seniors and supporting their caregivers. Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high quality services to seniors in our service area. SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, and a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees. Staff are SPRINT Senior Care’s most important resource. Thus, SPRINT Senior Care is committed to providing opportunities to learn through comprehensive internal training and a tuition reimbursement program. SPRINT Senior Care also ensures that its staff are provided with the necessary training, information, and protective equipment so that they can work safely.
Please email applications indicating “Supervisor, In-Home Services” in your subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community. We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in our application or hiring processes, please contact Human Resources at 416-481-0669 ext. 1224.