Job Posting: Client Services Supervisor
About SPRINT Senior Care
SPRINT Senior Care began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
Client Services Manger
The Client Services Supervisor oversees the daily operations for the program to ensure the philosophy of care is implemented in the program. Main responsibilities include: supervision of program staff, first point of contact for families and oversight of operational tasks that support the Client Services Manager.
SPRINT Senior Care provides therapeutic, social and recreational programs for older adults who are frail and/or have cognitively impairments as well as respite and support for caregivers. Clients either attend an Adult Day Program or reside at Ewart Angus SPRINT Home (Ewart Angus) – a unique dementia care residence that is home to up to 20 people in the early to mid-stages of Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias. Clients in the community receive services and supports in their home environment.
- Provide training and ongoing supervision for onsite staff, and other departments if required.
- Assist in the completion of client care plans and monitor each client’s progress as it relates to the care plan.
- Oversee effective day-to-day operation of the program, ensuring clients’ well-being, dignity and safety is maintained at all times.
- Collaborate with program staff in providing orientation and supervision of volunteers and field placement students.
- Coordinate all client transfers to and from the hospital, ensuring all information is communicated.
- Ensure the delivery of services in an effective, efficient, and financially responsible manner.
- Attend meetings and case conferences outside the agency that are related to the program activities where necessary.
- Participate in the facilitating of monthly staff meetings.
- Support Manager, Client Services with reportable events and WSIB claims as needed.
- Provide back up to front line staff, as required.
- Provide back up to Manager, Client Services.
- Participate in agency wide on-call rotation regularly and as required.
- Ensure that the activities of support the mission, vision and values of SPRINT Senior Care, while adhering to SPRINT Senior Care’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality and risk management activities of the program and of the agency.
- Bachelors degree / post graduate college diploma in a health discipline, health administration, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a community and/or health care environment
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally with stakeholders and partnering agencies.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment an asset.
- Committed to SPRINT Senior Care’s philosophy of care and have the ability and empathy to work with people with dementia.
- Experience with interRAI CHA and care planning for clients is an asset.
- Ability to establish good rapport with staff, clients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable, build trust, provide coaching and mentorship, facilitate change and engage in continuous quality improvement.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, including negotiation, persuasion, conflict resolution and problem recognition and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates computer skills at an advanced level for the use of the Internet and the following Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.Self-directed, results oriented and capable of working independently as well as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills in a rapidly changing environment.
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
Our Caring Workplace:
Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high-quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, comprehensive benefits plan, pension plan, personal days, employee recognition and events, and learning opportunities including tuition reimbursement.
How to Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Client Services Supervisor” in your subject title to email@example.com.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process