Job Posting: Social Worker
About SPRINT Senior Care
We began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
We supply services regardless of ability, race, religion, ethnic origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and are committed to LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) inclusiveness
Bargaining Unit Position
Social Workers are the initial point of agency contact for most SPRINT Senior Care clients; they take responsibility for screening calls and determining needed services/supports to which clients (and their families) can be referred. In addition, Social Workers are involved in community development work, support groups and collaboration and partnership initiatives.
- Screen and assess clients’ eligibility for SPRINT Senior Care services; provide consultation and counseling regarding the appropriateness of services.
- Develop strategies and supports to ensure the successful transition of clients to their next right place of care.
- Provide case management services including locating and managing appropriate resources; contacting and communicating with health care, mental health and legal professionals and interdisciplinary teams, families, and caregivers; providing psychosocial/functional assessments; and solution-focused and crisis counseling to clients and caregivers.
- Plan, co-ordinate, and provide facilitative leadership to self-help, therapeutic, problem-solving, and educational group programs as part of SPRINT Senior Care services.
- Consult with and train internal staff and volunteers to share knowledge of the client system in order to enhance client service and enable any/all SPRINT Senior Care services/programs to connect appropriately with clients/families.
- Provide ongoing monitoring and reassessment of clients’ social, mental, and physical status and modify care plans to respond to changes.
- Participate in and provide leadership to partnerships between current SPRINT Senior Care partners and establish new partnerships to support community-organizing activities.
- Seek opportunities for acquiring information related to policy changes that will affect, or are of interest to, SPRINT Senior Care’s client group.
- Facilitate community organizing with SPRINT Senior Care clients to support client-identified/directed advocacy.
- Provide clinical supervision to placement students from colleges and universities.
- Undertake special tasks as assigned by the Manager, Transitional Care.
- Analyze trends and identify needs for service in the community; provide leadership in planning, development, and evaluation of progressive Social Work programs.
- Assist in implementation of program evaluation, quality and risk management activities of the program and agency.
- BSW or MSW, registration with the OCSWSSW required.
- Demonstrated experience in geriatrics and dementia.
- Experience working with individual caregivers.
- Experience in community capacity building, health promotion, adult education, or social group work.
- Demonstrate computer skills at an intermediate level for the use of the Internet and the following Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate an intermediate level for database concepts and structures. Familiarity with CIMS (Client Information Management System) databases software is an asset.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
Our Caring Workplace:
Imagine finding purpose every day by caring for seniors and supporting their caregivers. Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, and a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
Staff are SPRINT Senior Care’s most important resource. Thus, SPRINT Senior Care is committed to providing opportunities to learn through comprehensive internal training and a tuition reimbursement program. SPRINT Senior Care also ensures that its staff are provided with the
necessary training, information, and protective equipment so that they can work safely.
How To Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Social Worker” in your subject title to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Rolling Basis
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in our application or hiring processes, please contact Human Resources at 416-481-0669 ext. 1207 or email@example.com