Job Posting: Social Worker, Transitional Care Centre
Date: April 27, 2021
Social Workers are the initial point of agency contact for most SPRINT Senior Care clients; they take responsibility for screening calls and determining needed services/supports to which clients (and their families) can be referred. In addition, Social Workers are involved in community development work, support groups and collaboration and partnership initiatives.
- Screen and assess clients’ eligibility for SPRINT Senior Care services; provide consultation and counselling regarding the appropriateness of services.
- Develop strategies and supports to ensure the successful transition of clients to their next right place of care.
- Provide case management services including locating and managing appropriate resources; contacting and communicating with health care, mental health and legal professionals and interdisciplinary teams, families and caregivers; providing psychosocial/functional assessments; and solution-focused and crisis counselling to clients and caregivers.
- Plan, co-ordinate and provide facilitative leadership to self-help, therapeutic, problem-solving, and educational group programs as part of SPRINT Senior Care services.
- Complete all client assessments and reassessments, including the interRAI CHA, and develop care plans.
- Consult with and train internal staff and volunteers to share knowledge of the client system in order to enhance client service and enable any/all SPRINT Senior Care services/programs to connect appropriately with clients/families.
- Provide ongoing monitoring and reassessment of clients’ social, mental and physical status and modify care plans to respond to changes.
- Participate in and provide leadership to partnerships between current SPRINT Senior Care partners and establish new partnerships to support community-organizing activities.
- Seek opportunities for acquiring information related to policy changes that will affect, or are of interest to, SPRINT Senior Care’s client group.
- Facilitate community organizing with SPRINT Senior Care clients to support client identified/directed advocacy.
- Provide clinical supervision to placement students from colleges and universities.
- Undertake special tasks as assigned by the Manager, Transitional Care
- Analyze trends and identify needs for service in the community; provide leadership in planning, development and evaluation of progressive Social Work programs.
- Assist in implementation of program evaluation, quality and risk management activities of the program and agency.
- BSW or MSW, registration with the OCSWSSW required.
- Demonstrated experience in geriatrics and dementia.
- Experience working with individual caregivers.
- Experience in community capacity building, health promotion, adult education, or social group work.
- Demonstrate computer skills at an intermediate level for the use of the Internet and the following Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrate an intermediate level for database concepts and structures. Familiarity with CIMS (Client Information Management System) databases software is an asset.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
Our Caring Workplace:
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, and a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in our application or hiring processes, please contact Human Resources at 416-481-0669 ext. 1224.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $53,526.20-$56,784.00 per year