Job Posting: Social Worker
Date: April 28, 2023
About SPRINT Senior Care
SPRINT Senior Care began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
Social Worker Manager
Social workers engage clients and stakeholders to work on common goals to improve client independence, level of functioning and connections to their community. Social workers are the initial point of agency contact for most SPRINT Senior Care clients; they take responsibility for screening calls and determining needed services/supports to which clients (and their families) can be referred. In addition, social workers are involved in community development work, support groups and collaboration and partnership initiatives.
- Screen and assess clients’ eligibility for SPRINT Senior Care services; provide consultation and counselling regarding the appropriateness of services.
- Work in close collaboration with a team to support to coordinate all aspects of client case management.
- Connect with hospital service providers to support discharge planning and transitioning clients safely to community when appropriate
- Provide case management services including locating and managing appropriate resources; contacting and communicating with health care, mental health and legal professionals and interdisciplinary teams, families, and caregivers; providing psychosocial/functional assessments; and solution-focused and crisis counselling to clients and caregivers.
- Plan, co-ordinate and provide facilitative leadership to self-help, therapeutic, problem-solving, and educational group programs as part of SPRINT Senior Care services.
- Complete all client assessments and reassessments, including the interRAI CHA, and develop care plans.
- Consult with and train internal staff and volunteers.
- Provide ongoing monitoring and reassessment of clients’ social, mental and physical status and modify care plans to respond to changes.
- Participate in and provide leadership to partnerships between current SPRINT Senior Care partners and establish new partnerships to support community-organizing activities.
- Develop strategies to reach out to isolated older adults and implement strategies to facilitate their access to health and social services.
- Provide clinical supervision to placement students from colleges and universities.
- Undertake special tasks as assigned by the Manager, Social Work
- Bachelor’s Degree BSW or MSW, registration with the OCSWSSW required.
- Demonstrated experience in and or knowledge of geriatrics and dementia.
- Experience working with individual caregivers.
- Experience in community capacity building, health promotion, adult education, and group work.
- Demonstrate computer skills at an intermediate level for the use of the Internet and the following Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Client Information Management System databases is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
Our Caring Workplace:
Imagine finding purpose every day by caring for seniors and supporting their caregivers. Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high-quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, health and dental plan, pension, employee recognition and events, and learning opportunities including tuition reimbursement.
$55,146.00-$58,513.00 per year
How To Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Social Worker” in your subject title to firstname.lastname@example.org
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.