Job Posting: Senior Executive Assistant
About SPRINT Senior Care:
SPRINT Senior Care began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
The Senior Executive Assistant provides confidential administrative support to the CEO, COO, CFIO and CHRO in a dynamic environment. The Senior Executive Assistant has access to information of a highly confidential nature, including information regarding staff, management and corporate financial matters, which must be held in the highest level of confidence. The Senior Executive Assistant will support the service atmosphere and professionalism that exemplifies SPRINT Senior Care’s values.
Senior Executive Assistant’s Responsibilities:
- Manage the CEO’s office including the preparation of correspondence, information, presentation materials and reports.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, arrange meetings and appointments, and prepare materials for meetings.
- Provide Board of Directors support– including preparation and distribution of correspondence and materials, meeting organization, committee meeting support, facilitation of board cheque signing and taking minutes of meetings as required.
- Set up meetings and arrange meeting rooms, set up virtual meetings (Zoom & Teams); set up audio visual and equipment for meetings, and catering as needed; attend meetings and document minutes, and maintain meeting evaluation statistics.
- Manage new board member and board committee member application, and onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Manage board member donor stewardship process.
- Assist Finance department with cheque and bank deposit processing, data entry, mailings, donation thank you letters and receipt processing, and other tasks as required.
- Support Joint Health & Safety Committee and health and safety initiatives.
- Manage systems for storing confidential and sensitive documents.
- Maintain agency General Policy Manual and Board of Directors Manual.
- Maintain emergency contact lists.
- Support the administration and maintenance of telephone/voice mail system.
- Coordinate inventory, storage and distribution of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Assist as required with building and equipment maintenance and repairs, accountable to the COO.
- Orient and train clerical and reception staff as needed, and provide daily lunch coverage and vacation/sick coverage for reception as required. Assign and monitor clerical and reception functions.
- Coordinate and complete various special projects/assignments as required.
- Provide administrative support for contract management.
- Successful completion of a college or university diploma/degree in business, communications, office administration, or similar field.
- Three years experience working as an Executive or Administrative Assistant reporting directly to a senior executive, with demonstrated experience managing calendars, contacts, calls and routine correspondence.
- Demonstrated technical skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, Visio, and virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Teams).
- Demonstrated ability to provide confident and competent support to the CEO.
- Excellent time management, organizational and self-planning skills, displaying flexibility by adjusting work schedule according to changing priorities, meeting demanding deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information and ability to show discretion.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience taking minutes during meetings.
- Ability to prepare reports based on data.
- Strong work ethic; positive, client focused attitude; demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality while liaising with all levels of employees, clients and Board Members.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, exercise good judgement, and take initiative
- Intuitive; resourceful; dependable and reliable.
- Self-starter, adaptable and good team player.
- Ability to be a resourceful independent thinker in a fast-paced environment is critical.
Our Caring Workplace:
Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high-quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, health and dental plan, pension, employee recognition and events, and learning opportunities including tuition reimbursement.
How To Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Senior Executive Assistant” in your subject title to email@example.com.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.