Job Posting: Client Care Supervisor
About SPRINT Senior Care:
We began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
We supply services regardless of ability, race, religion, ethnic origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and are committed to LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) inclusiveness.
Client Services Manager
The Client Care Supervisor is an RPN who is responsible for overall client care/service on their shift, including the accurate and timely administration of medications, treatments, documentation, and emergency calls. The Client Care Supervisor coordinates the day-to-day operations at the residence and supervises team members including but not limited to Personal Support Workers (PSWs).
The Client Care Supervisor reports to the Client Services Manager and works closely with SPRINT Senior Care staff, caregivers, families, vendors and service partners to ensure quality services.
- Supervise the direct care of clients and supervise unionized staff.
- Ensures proper care is rendered in a safe and clean environment.
- Liaise with physicians, pharmacists and other health care providers regarding client care.
- Provide regular input and feedback on clients to the Client Services Manager.
- Keep individuals in the circle of care aware of changes in client’s condition.
- Assist in developing comprehensive care plans; responsible for regular updates to client care plan.
- Oversee the medications for each client including ordering, verifying and distributing weekly medications, and maintaining medication records.
- Provide training to SPRINT Senior Care staff on delegated acts, and supervise staff for appropriate medication procedures.
- Provide advice, coaching and support to staff regarding medical/healthcare questions and concerns.
- Complete client assessments, including the interRAI CHA.
- Assist with client transfers to and from the hospital, ensuring all information is communicated within required timeframes.
- Serve as back up to Personal Support Workers, as required.
- Provide on call services regularly and as required.
- Ensure that the activities of the residence support the mandate, mission, vision and values of SPRINT Senior Care, while adhering to SPRINT Senior Care’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality and risk management activities of the department and agency.
- Participate as an active member of the Department, Leadership, Accreditation and Inter-disciplinary Teams.
- R.P.N. in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in gerontology and/or community setting.
- Strong supervisory skills, with 2-4 years supervisory experience within a unionized setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to establish good rapport with staff, clients, families, and referral sources in a multi-cultural setting.
- Excellent understanding of the aging process, dementia and the specific needs of the elderly, disabled and caregivers.
- Sensitive to the cultural needs of clients from various ethnic groups.
- Self-directed, results oriented and capable of working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, conceptual, strategic, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of program evaluation, risk management and quality improvement strategies.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally with stakeholders and partnering agencies.
- Demonstrates computer skills at an intermediate or higher level for the use of the Internet and the following Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrates an intermediate level for database concepts and structures. Familiarity with CIMS (Client Information Management System) database is an asset.
Our Caring Workplace:
Imagine finding purpose every day by caring for seniors and supporting their caregivers. Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, and a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
Staff are SPRINT Senior Care’s most important resource. Thus, SPRINT Senior Care is committed to providing opportunities to learn through comprehensive internal training and a tuition reimbursement program. SPRINT Senior Care also ensures that its staff are provided with the
necessary training, information, and protective equipment so that they can work safely.
How To Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Client Care Supervisor” in your subject title to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Rolling Basis
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in our application or hiring processes, please contact Human Resources at 416-481-0669 ext. 1207 or email@example.com