Job Posting: High Intensity Supports at Home Program Supervisor
- Full-time, 1 year contract
- Monday – Friday
The Client Care Supervisor for the High Intensity Support at Home (HISH) Program, is responsible for managing, maintaining and tracking all Local Health Integrated Network (LHIN) referrals for the HISH Program. They make home visits to In-Home Services clients to complete assessments and reassessments for Home Care clients, to develop care plans and goal plans for the clients, and provide controlled act training. Responsibilities also include ensuring compliance with TC LHIN Home and Community Care standards and contractual service provision. The Client Care Supervisor, HISP works closely with In-Home Services staff, Social Workers, TC LHIN Home and Community Care and VHA staff, clients and/or caregivers to ensure quality service provision.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality and risk management activities of the department and agency.
- Liaise with physicians, pharmacists, TC LHIN Home and Community Care and other health care professional service providers regarding resident care.
- Assist with client transfers to and from the hospital, ensuring all information is communicated within required timeframes.
- Complete RAI Assessments, Home Safety Assessment and a Service Plan for each client. These assessments will be updated on an, at least, annual basis or when significant changes occur in a client’s care provision.
- Provide advice, coaching and support to In-Home Services (HISP) staff regarding medical/healthcare questions and concerns.
- Participate in on-call rotation regularly and as required.
- Ensure compliance to TC LHIN Home and Community Care standards and Assisted Living contractual service provision according to CCAC orders, care plans, contracts, etc.
- Review TC LHIN Home and Community Care referrals and notify schedulers and /or PSWs about special precautions or unusual circumstances.
- Review and determine In-Home Services clients’ service level eligibility.
- Conduct In-Home Service assessments and reassessments using the interRAI-CHA.
- Enter all relevant information into clients’ CIMS files.
- Liaise with social work, VHA, TC LHIN Home and Community Care, referral source staff, clients and/or caregivers as needed for overall care planning.
- Provide training to SPRINT Senior Care staff on controlled acts.
- Complete PSW evaluations at assessment visits.
- Identify training needs and opportunities and work with the Manager, In-Home Services to deliver the training for staff and students.
- Ensure the delivery of services in an effective, efficient and financially responsible manner.
- Attend meetings and case conferences outside the agency that are related to the program activities where necessary.
- Participate in the facilitating of monthly staff meetings in IHS.
- Support IHS manager with reportable events and WSIB claims as needed.
- Be liaison between client concerns and service needs. This may include advocating to TC LHIN Home and Community Care coordinator for additional hours, working with department around client concerns, and working with other professionals to ensure clients get needed equipment so that services can continue.
- Complete IPAC Training and be a support to the Director of Quality with training of IPAC policies and procedures.
- Complete Mask Fit testing on staff members with other Client Care Supervisors.
- Attend monthly RPN Supervisor Meetings with the Home Care Team.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Home Care and the Manager, In-Home Services.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
The Supervisor supports the Director, Home Care and works collaboratively with the Manager, In-Home Services in supervising unionized staff. The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring, in conjunction with these Managers, that:
- All reporting staff have a clear understanding of their responsibilities, their role in the organization and their role as a team member.
- All reporting staff receive regular coaching and feedback.
- All reporting staff work in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- All reporting staff fulfill their responsibilities in a safe manner, within the existing policies and procedures of the organization and the legislated requirements of the service.
- All reporting staff know that any issues regarding quality or significant risk and any major problems are promptly reported to the Supervisor.
- The Supervisor contributes to a climate that motivates employees to provide quality service and achieve or exceed their objectives.
- The Supervisor demonstrates a willingness to proactively resolve employee issues.
- As appropriate, the Client Care Supervisor, HISP offers staff information about resources available during times of personal difficulty.
- Represent SPRINT Senior Care positively and professionally in the community.
- Adhere to all relevant legislative requirements.
- Report to the Manager, In-Home Services, participating in regular supervision and performance review.
- As a member of SPRINT Senior Care’s Leadership team, participate positively and productively in organizational initiatives and committees, including: Leadership Team meetings, General Staff meetings and Accreditation teams.
- Participate in and promote good staff and community relations and ensure staff do the same.
- Interpret SPRINT Senior Care services to the community.
- Participate in training and education to upgrade skills as directed by SPRINT Senior Care to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- P.N or R.N. in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in gerontology and/or community setting.
- Strong supervisory skills, with 2-4 years supervisory experience within a unionized setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to establish good rapport with staff, clients, families, and referral sources in a multi-cultural setting.
- Excellent understanding of the aging process, dementia and the specific needs of the elderly, disabled and caregivers.
- Sensitive to the cultural needs of clients from various ethnic groups.
- Self-directed, results oriented and capable of working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, conceptual, strategic, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of program evaluation, risk management and quality improvement strategies.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally with stakeholders and partnering agencies.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates computer skills at an advanced level for the use of the Internet and the following Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel and Outlook. Demonstrates an intermediate level for database concepts and structures.
- CIMS (Client Information Management System) knowledge an asset.
- Demonstrates commitment to ongoing professional development.
This description is not intended to be all inclusive and does not limit the discretionary authority of the manager to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
Our Caring Workplace
Imagine finding purpose every day by caring for seniors and supporting their caregivers. Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high quality services to seniors in our service area. SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, and a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees. Staff are SPRINT Senior Care’s most important resource. Thus, SPRINT Senior Care is committed to providing opportunities to learn through comprehensive internal training and a tuition reimbursement program. SPRINT Senior Care also ensures that its staff are provided with the necessary training, information, and protective equipment so that they can work safely.
Please email applications indicating “Supervisor, In-Home Services” in your subject line to email@example.com
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community. We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in our application or hiring processes, please contact Human Resources at 416-481-0669 ext. 1224.