Job posting: Health & Safety Manager
September 12, 2023
About SPRINT Senior Care:
SPRINT Senior Care began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
The Manager, Health & Safety is responsible for the development and implementation of health and safety strategies, programs, and regulatory compliance.
- Design, develop and implement Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) procedures, programs, processes, and systems.
- Coordinate and provide oversight for all the agency’s JHSC and health and safety representatives.
- Consult and collaborate with leadership, health and safety representatives, and workers throughout the organization to assess priorities and identify gaps in existing OH&S policies and procedures.
- Identify work-related injury and illness trends and prioritize and initiate interventions.
- Lead workplace occurrence report process and promote proactive response and prevention.
- Seek out best practices, engaging with peers and other external stakeholders on tools and resources to address key work hazards including but not limited to falls, musculoskeletal injuries, and driving.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the organization-wide Learning & Development Plan. Design, develop and implement learning programs, including conducting training sessions on health and safety topics
- Support Human Resources in managing occupational and non-occupational disability claims.
- Coordinate and manage health and safety programs and initiatives, including but not limited to mask fit testing, first aid, and food safety.
- Lead and coordinate Occupational Health initiatives, including return to work clearance, and the annual vaccination program.
- Monitor and evaluate compliance with health and safety laws and regulations.
- Lead committees, work groups and project teams as required.
- Serve as an external spokesperson for SPRINT Senior Care related to health and safety.
- Maintain policies, procedures, manuals and other training materials.
- Supervise assigned staff and volunteers.
- Participate as required in on-call rotation.
- Two or more years of experience in OH&S
- Bachelor’s degree in health and safety, health sciences, public health, nursing, business administration, human resources or a related discipline
- Must have strong knowledge of regulations including the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP) designation is an asset
- Demonstrated experience developing and/or implementing services, policies, procedures and programs in OH&S
- Demonstrated experience with designing and implementing training
- Sound judgement, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, colleagues, volunteers, community partners and other stakeholders to achieve a common mission
Our Caring Workplace:
Imagine finding purpose every day by caring for seniors and supporting their caregivers. Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high-quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, health and dental plan, pension, employee recognition and events, and learning opportunities including tuition reimbursement.
How to Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Health & Safety Manager” in your subject title to email@example.com.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.