Job Posting: Communications and Development Lead
About SPRINT Senior Care
We began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
We supply services regardless of ability, race, religion, ethnic origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and are committed to LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) inclusiveness
The Communications and Development Lead oversees the Communications and Development Department and develops, implements and manages SPRINT Senior Care’s strategies involving external and internal communications, marketing, public relations, development and fundraising. The Lead supports the CEO with projects and day-to-day activities concerning communications and development.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an annual strategic communications plan to advance the organization’s brand identity, increase awareness of our programs and services, and strengthen public visibility and understanding of the work of SPRINT Senior Care.
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and digital communications and marketing materials for SPRINT Senior Care, including but not limited to brochures, posters, advertisements, annual report, newsletters, etc.
- Perform maintenance of SPRINT Senior Care managed social media accounts and websites.
- Work in close collaboration with members of the senior leadership team, including the CEO, to develop targeted internal and external communication plans for key strategic initiatives.
- Act as first point of contact for media.
- Lead proactive and reactive media relations to build SPRINT Senior Care’s brand.
- Lead communications strategizing and planning for issues management and crises.
- Ensure that SPRINT Senior Care’s branding is consistent across all communications.
- Take high quality photographs and video that support telling the story of SPRINT Senior Care.
- Lead the project management and tactical execution of SPRINT Senior Care’s development strategies and design single and multi-year fundraising plans that serve to enhance SPRINT Senior Care’s revenue goals.
- Seek and lead development of applications for grants.
- Lead various agency-wide initiatives (e.g. Annual General Meeting, United Way Campaign).
- Act as staff lead of Fundraising Committee and regularly report on status and progress of fundraising initiatives to CEO and Committee.
- Analyze donating trends to improve performance of donations targets.
- Oversee maintenance of CiviCRM donor database.
- Degree or equivalent in public relations, journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum three years of work-related experience in communications with a strong ability to write, edit and research.
- Proven track record of planning and executing strategic communication plans that drive measurable results.
- Advanced ability to produce a variety of communications materials for a wide range of audiences, including, but not limited to, annual reports, newsletters, posters, flyers, and infographics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, project management and time management capabilities.
- Collaborative team player who has the capacity to work with staff, clients, families and stakeholders in a cooperative manner.
- Positive “can-do” attitude who has creative problem solving skills
- Ability to anticipate change and prepare for outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience managing social media presence, especially Facebook and Twitter.
- Experience supervising staff and managing outside vendors/contractors.
- Knowledge and familiarity with fundraising theories and best practices, and statistical and evaluative reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experienced in using Drupal, HTML, CiviCRM and Google Analytics is an asset.
Our Caring Workplace
Imagine finding purpose every day by caring for seniors and supporting their caregivers. Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, and a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
Staff are SPRINT Senior Care’s most important resource. Thus, SPRINT Senior Care is committed to providing opportunities to learn through comprehensive internal training and a tuition reimbursement program. SPRINT Senior Care also ensures that its staff are provided with the
necessary training, information, and protective equipment so that they can work safely.
How To Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Communications and Development Lead” in your subject title to email@example.com
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in our application or hiring processes, please contact Human Resources at 416-481-0669 ext. 1224 or firstname.lastname@example.org