Job Posting: Director, Strategic Communications and Development
About SPRINT Senior Care:
SPRINT Senior Care began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
The Director, Strategic Communications and Development oversees the Communications and Development Department and develops, implements and manages SPRINT Senior Care’s strategies involving external and internal communications, marketing, public relations, development and fundraising. The Lead supports the CEO with projects and day-to-day activities concerning communications and development.
The Director, Strategic Communications and Development will also be responsible for directing and implementing communications related activities of the North Toronto Ontario Health Team (NT OHT).
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual strategic communications plan to advance SPRINT Senior Care’s brand identity, increase awareness of our programs and services, and strengthen public visibility and understanding of the work of SPRINT Senior Care.
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and digital communications and marketing materials for SPRINT Senior Care, including but not limited to brochures, posters, advertisements, annual report, newsletters, etc.
- Manage SPRINT Senior Care’s presence on social media presence on accounts and websites.
- Work in close collaboration with members of the senior leadership team, including the CEO, to develop targeted internal and external communication plans for key strategic initiatives.
- Act as first point of contact for media.
- Lead proactive and reactive media relations to build SPRINT Senior Care’s brand.
- Lead communications strategizing and planning for issues management and crises.
- Ensure that SPRINT Senior Care’s branding is consistent across all communications.
- Engage with SPRINT Senior Care programs and departments, to take high quality photographs and video that support telling the story of SPRINT Senior Care.
North Toronto Ontario Health Team (NT OHT):
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of effective communication and marketing strategies to raise the awareness of the North Toronto OHT, including strategies to raise the digital presence of the North Toronto OHT
- Support the achievement of the NT OHT’s goals and objectives by developing and executing communications plan and activities in consultation with committees and members of the NT OHT, including primary care and patient representatives
- Seek grant opportunities and lead development of applications/follow-up reports for funding grants.
- Lead various agency-wide initiatives (e.g. Annual General Meeting, United Way Campaign).
- Primary point of contact for charitable initiatives including responding to donation inquiries and maintaining donor database and records.
- Extract, analyze, and disseminate information from donor databases (CiviCRM and Canada Helps).
- Analyze donating trends to improve performance of donations targets.
- Oversee maintenance of CiviCRM donor database.
- Develop and disseminate timely thank you communications to donors.
- Degree or equivalent in public relations, journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum three years of work-related experience in communications with a strong ability to write, edit and research.
- Proven track record of planning and executing strategic communication plans that drive measurable results.
- Advanced ability to produce a variety of communications materials for a wide range of audiences, including, but not limited to, annual reports, newsletters, posters, flyers, and infographics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong data management skills.
- Strong organizational, project management and time management capabilities.
- Collaborative team player who is committed to working with staff, clients, families and stakeholders in a cooperative manner.
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to anticipate change and prepare for outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience managing social media presence, especially Facebook and Twitter.
- Experience supervising staff and managing outside vendors/contractors.
- Knowledge and familiarity with fundraising theories and best practices, and statistical and evaluative reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experienced in using Drupal, HTML, CiviCRM and Google Analytics is an asset.
Our Caring Workplace
Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees, and comprehensive training and tuition reimbursement programs.
How To Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Director, Strategic Communications and Development” in your subject title to email@example.com.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in our application or hiring processes, please contact Human Resources at 416-481-0669 ext. 1207 or firstname.lastname@example.org