Job Posting: Community Services Coordinator
June 15, 2023
About SPRINT Senior Care:
SPRINT Senior Care began caring for seniors and enabling seniors to care for themselves in 1983. We continue to do so today as an accredited, not-for-profit community support service agency in Toronto by offering a wide range of practical and low-cost services to seniors and their caregivers. Our services help seniors stay safe, connected, and live as independently as possible. They also prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization.
We supply services regardless of ability, race, colour, ethnic origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity and gender expression, and are committed to 2SLGBTQ+ inclusiveness.
committed to 2SLGBTQ+ inclusiveness.
The Community Services Coordinator is an integral part of a team that improves quality of life for seniors through social, recreational, transportation and food programs.
Managers of respective departments.
- Coordinate and implement service provision including daily communication with clients, caregivers, internal agency staff/volunteers, inter-agency partners, and referral sources.
- Receive, record and schedule client ride requests and volunteer shifts to produce logistical schedules for service delivery.
- Participate with internal agency staff (Social Work, Community Programs, Meals-on-Wheels), caregivers and external sources (program partners and referral sources) for service provision.
- Assist in the implementation of program evaluation, quality and risk management activities, including reviewing drivers’ daily circle check forms and arranging for vehicle maintenance.
- Coordinate, direct, and troubleshoot the work of staff and volunteers.
- Schedule volunteers and provide support with volunteer orientation and inquiries.
- Support the supervisor in identify staff/volunteer training needs.
- Develop and implement health promotion education sessions and workshops as well as run in-person and virtual programming in an engaging fashion.
- Administrative tasks including data entry, maintaining computer records, photocopying, scanning, filing and responding to inquiries.
- Assist with the compiling of monthly statistics according to program requirements.
- Keep accurate financial records according to program requirements.
- Provide support and back up for Community Program Coordinators and In Home Services Scheduling Coordinators.
- Degree or diploma in recreation, gerontology, social work, social service worker, healthcare administration, business/office administration or related field.
- Proven experience working in community programs.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Flexible; ability to adapt to change.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrates computer skills at an advanced level for the following Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience working with databases
Our Caring Workplace:
Imagine finding purpose every day by caring for seniors and supporting their caregivers. Working at SPRINT Senior Care, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team committed to providing client-centred, high-quality services to seniors in our service area.
SPRINT Senior Care’s inclusive environment is one of many benefits for staff, including SPRINT Senior Care’s dedication to staff wellness, health and dental plan, pension, employee recognition and events, and learning opportunities including tuition reimbursement.
$38,383.00-$40,822.00 per year
How to Apply:
Please email your applications quoting “Community Services Coordinator” in your subject title to email@example.com.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.